Monday, July 07, 2014

Happy 3 Days After the 4th of July

Aren't I funny!  NOT...

The celebration is over and a wonderful weekend we all had.  I even got some painting in while relaxing at the cabin, if relaxing is the word for POP POP POW POW.  It was a fun time with our girls and their guys.  Thursday evening I took pictures of a cute little tufted titmouse at Harri's cabin and Friday morning I painted it.  He was just so cute.



When I was done I posted it on Facebook and it was SOLD in a matter of minutes to one of my cabinite friends.  She already owns four of my paintings and now #5. Introducing "Mr. Tufted Titmouse." 

Oh and remember the workshop with Derek Penix, well, he sent an email out selling some of his paintings and I bit the bullet and bought one.  It's the one I admired and he also demoed in the workshop.  This is the photo...

this is MY painting...
I will get it in a few weeks when he has it framed.  I thought and thought about it and I so loved it so, SOLD, to ME!


1 comment:

Linda Kay said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and I absolutely love the painting! My husband always says that if you see something you need to get it then, otherwise you will regret it later. Joining your site!