Thursday, January 05, 2012

Sleep, Sleep, Sleep


Blue Boy and Me (I miss him)


B & Mackie (I miss him)

Yesterday I got up as usual at 5 am, fed Clayton, read emails and blogged.  I then headed out for the usual workout with trainer Wade and had a pretty good workout.  I was peppy and energetic, or so I thought.  Back home I sat down with a good breakfast of 45 calorie bread, egg and juice and a lot of water.  I thought I would paint or read or something but as I sat and caught up on some blog reading my eyes drooped.  Hmmm, well I guess I was sleepy and since I had nothing to do, really I went back to bed.  With a slight interuption by The Hubby stopping by to have a bite of lunch and making tons of noise I slept for nearly 2 hours.  Again my thought process was that I would get up, take a shower, do some laundry and something.  I did join The Hubby for a bite of lunch but when he left I again drooped.  So, back to bed Clayton and I went for yet another 2 hours.  I eventually got up and took my shower and did the laundry about 3 in the afternoon.  I was a slug until The Hubby came home at 5 in time to feed Clayton.  I heated some leftover New Year's Day dinner of ham and black-eye peas, cleaned the kitchen, sat down to watch TV before dance class (I've given him another month) and drifted off to sleep.  I awoke at 7:20 to find The Hubby left for class and left me to sleep.  Not too upset really as you know how I "LOVE" to dance.  I trotted off to bed about 8:30 to finish watching Top Chef and was again asleep by 10:05.  I guess my body was in great need of sleep yesterday.  To B I'm always asleep but really I only nap about 15-20 when I get home in the afternoon, it's just always the time she or someone else calls.  You need that power nap stuff, I certainly do at this stage in my life.  For goodness sake I get up at 5 am every morning. 

1 comment:

Kay said...

Awww... those are such sweet photos. I love naps!