Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reading Tidbits

Hmmm, I started writing a slush of gibberish and it was HORRIBLE.  I deleted it all!  That doesn't happen often but I did not like the way it was going.  This past weekend I finished two books in my quest to read 5 a month and 60 this entire year.  I read Zero Day by David Baldacci which I like but was surprised a bit by the ending, not what I expected, or did I.  Then I read Darrell Hammond's book God, If You're Not Up There, I'm F*cked:  Tales of Stand-up, Saturday Night Live, and Other Mind-Altering Mayhem.  I saw him on Dr. Phil (I don't watch him but was channel surfing and happened upon) the other day and was intrigued by his story.  It was an interesting read but I did find it only touched in small little snippets of what his life as a child was and how it really messed him up.  It was a lot about the workings of SNL which was interesting too.  I think he has a lot more to write about concerning his "life" but probably this was all he could manage to divulge.  I'm now reading Rose Marie's book Hold The Roses.  I remember her on the Dick VanDyke show but she was around way before that and really had a more successful career when she was younger.  Just started it but should be good. 

With my challenge of reading so many books I have to be careful that reading is not ALL I do this year.  I do have some painting to do with a possiblity of a show in the spring but I need to get cracking on that.  Plus the blog post every single day...I have a lot of work to do!

No comments: