Thursday, January 12, 2012

Saying Goodbye Yet Again

Friday will be another day of saying goodbye.  Goodbye to another soap opera, the fourth one in the past couple of years.  It is not one I watch on a regular basis although I used to and am trying to catch every last episode this week.  I really don't understand what is happening to daytime TV.  OLTL will be replaced by yet another chitty-chat show that I don't care to watch.  Here in the Tulsa area there will only be left General Hospital, Days of Our Lives and The Young and the Restless.  I've found that I pretty much live on The Food Channel most of the time now and that does not really help with the diet, I can tell ya!  Now it is not that I watch daytime TV everyday but when I'm home and watching the boob tube I like to catch up on the soaps.  It's weird to see television actually changing right before our very eyes.  I'm not going to watch Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil or The Chew or The Talk or The View or the new one The Revolution.  All chitty-chat shows that I will not support, sorry, even though I really like Carla Hall on The Chew I WON'T watch...You hear that powers that be, I WON'T watch your shows.

1 comment:

LeeOhana said...

I didn't know another talk show was going to replace OLTL.

I watch The Chew only if I happen to catch it on.

It's sad...I grew up watching those soap operas!