Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Enough Is Enough

Yesterday I had a message on Facebook from a girl I went to high school with informing me that one of our former classmates, Mark, had passed away from colon cancer.  It was a shock and I was saddened to hear the news.  It had been over 40 years since we had set eyes on each other.  When I started doing the class reunions several years ago I connected again with him over the reunion process and with Facebook.  Then, in less than a couple of hours Sis called to tell me that one of my classmates lost her brother, Doug.  Doug was the brother of a girl in my class and was in my brothers class.  I knew him and his sister since the age of 5, and in fact they used to live next door to us for a bit.  So sad, so very, very sad.  They were very young, Mark, 55 (my age) and Doug, 53.  That is scary too.  I'm a bit that age!

Today, The Hubby and will also attend a funeral of a very sweet friend that lost her terrific battle with multiple challenges of cancer.  Nancy was such a fabulous lady and will be missed by everyone whose life she touched.  A forever smile on her face and her gentle laughter filling the air, the world has lost a treasure. 
Nancy Earnest Ingram

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

We know we've reached a certain age when we begin to lose friends from our "group". It is hard. <<>> Every day is precious and fragile.