Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A Horse Named Joey

Yesterday The Hubby and I spent the day running errands, like taking his truck to the dealership to check out the issues we had New Years Day.  After that he wanted to go to a movie, maybe two.  One of the movies he wanted to see was not on anymore but the second was War Horse.  I knew it would be a tear jerker but I had NO IDEA!  Oh my gosh.  A stunningly beautiful movie.  Sad, beautiful, heart wrenching, elating, the list is endless.  That movie has so much depth and the different characters and stories that happen with sweet Joey, well, the lady next to me sobbed, SOBBED during nearly the whole movie, as did I.  I so recommend this movie but you have to be ready for it.  I told The Hubby it was like Old Yeller or The Red Pony, movies I have seen once and NEVER again but something I had to see.  War Horse is a movie that will totally affect me for a long time.  (I love horses.)
 

4 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh, I couldn't watch it! No tear jerkers for me when it comes to an animal of any kind!
Anyhoo, I am your "newest" follower, and looking forward to a new blogging buddy in 2012! Thanks for coming by my place and following.

Cindy said...

I don't know if I want to cry in public. I'll just want for the dvd.

Anonymous said...

I don't enjoy the theatres but I will for sure check it out on pay for view when the time comes - hope you had a great holiday!

Kay said...

Art's cousin just told us about this movie today. She said she was crying too. I hadn't planned to see this movie, but now with your recommendation, I guess I will.