Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday's Goings On

It is very quiet here at the cabin this morning.  The fire is crackling and smells amazing as I sip my coffee and look out into the dark.  Actually, there is a lot of moonlight or something because the gravel road outside of the our bedroom window is strangely lit and if it wasn't so bitterly cold I would take a walk.  Brrrrr.  I do hate winter but I know it is only a brief time till the sweet green tips of grass and leaves will make an appearance.  I can't wait!  We got here last evening at dinner time and The Hubby took Clayton for a short walk to get his giddiness of being here out of his system. 
I had picked up a quick baked ziti from a local catering/sandwich store for dinner and popped it in the oven. 
Dinner done we settled in for a bit of television and I knew The Hubby was to go to bed early as he is a hunting today.  It is still bow season and he wanted to get one more hunt in on his lease.  I headed to bed about 10:15 and was awakened about 11:30 by the sound of Clayton hitting the floor and his collar jingling as he ran to the front door and do a dance to go outside.  He was quick and we raced back to bed and snuggled down under the covers.  Then about 3 am The Hubby's cell phone went off, giving a signal that it was charged.  That got Clayton excited, thinking it was time for his breakfast.  Yet again, a trip to the great outdoors to tinkle and a rush back to bed, then The Hubby was up about 4:30 to shower in his descenting soap and breakfast.  Clayton was right behind him.  The bedroom door was shut but I could hear the goings-on in the living room and Clayton was at the door crying to see what some more of the commotion was.  I could smell dirt, yes dirt.  The Hubby has a huge bag that he keeps his hunting attire in and when he opens it up, WHOOSH, dirt smell.  He actually puts this scent bag things in it to smell like dirt.  Hmmm, take a shower to descent then put on clothes that smell like dirt.  Oh, it's all about fooling those smart deer out there.  Apparently they can smell the slightest scent of anything human and run.  Now my living room smells like dirt, until he leaves and then it dissipates a bit.  I hope he gets one???!!!

I'm up early as is to be expected as I can't get a break for sleeping lately but that is okay, I needed to blog to keep up my daily thoughts.  I'll read today and pick up the house, for tonight we are to have a few of the cabinites over for chicken gumbo.  I've only made it once but it was delicious so shouldn't have a problem.  I will probably take a short nap later too.  So that is my Saturday, how's yours going! 

Oh, question, I've been checking out my "read" stats on blogger and the weirdest thing is one day is says I have 340 readers, 23 readers, 0 readers, ...  yet my comments are so at a minimum.  I have a weird feeling that it is just spam or what do they call them "lurkers".  Whatever, it is a bit creepy and confusing.  I wish I had that many readers. 

3 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Cabin, coffee, the smell of a real crackling fire, your really making me want to come over and hang out with you! Gumbo sounds great for supper too. Can you send directions? LOL, enjoy your Saturday.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Doesn't sound like you got too much sleep but I'm totally jealous of your cabin.

You probably have lots more readers than you think. I have had people introduce themselves in bookstores and some of our IT people and lots others at work have mentioned they read my blog and many of my MIL's friends in Southeast Oklahoma as well as some fellow church members. I ask them why they don't comment ever and they say they don't have anything to say.

So I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is what it is.

Anonymous said...

I read it every day but have never commented. I would imagine there are a lot that do that. I don't comment unless someone ask a question that I think I know the answer which doesn't happen that often.