Friday, February 04, 2011

Under The Tuscan Sun

To chase all the cold and dreary blah's away I have decided to watch one of my very favorite movies, Under The Tuscan Sun.  I chose this movie because of, One, the word sun in the title, and, Two, of the fact that the movie exudes warmth and renewal, at least for me.  I watch the movie and sometimes wish I could start over, but not without The Hubby mind you, but us together, maybe retirement!!!!!  Maybe not start over but a change of life.  The place, Tuscany just makes my happy.  I have never been to Italy and am not sure I could tackle some of the high places like in the movie, but oh my gosh the beauty I could do for sure.  I am hoping that the next European vacation we can take will be to the Tuscany area.  Stunning.  Could be the red wine I'm drinking and the need to be very, very far away from this snow, but I am enjoying this movie immensely.  This movie is about growth, change, life and love.  I am for all of these things.  What do you think.  I may have to watch this movie a few more times in the next few days.  A ray of sunshine coming through my television is just what I need.  Think I'll go give my husband a wonderful kiss!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my faves too and Italy is my fave country, you just HAVE to go.

Kay said...

I did enjoy that movie, too. We also loved Italy. I remember trying some Tuscan meat there that I just totally fell in love with. Olive Garden had a similar... sort of... tasting Tuscan steak that was good, but still could not compare with that amazing taste. Now you're making me want to go back there.