Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Character

February at National Blog Posting Month the theme is Character.  Hmmm, have to think about that one.  First I went to Google and typed in the word.  I know the definition but just kind of wanted a reference to the word.  Then I opened the dusty file cabinet in my brain to think about the word.  I've used the word often to describe a person, "He's quite a character", or a subject on a TV show or movie.  Character, to me means a person has character, is true, honorable, honest, with courage, etc.  I like that term.  The NaBloPoMo website suggests you could write about character in several ways: 
  • The people in your life who stand out in regard to their outstanding (or lack of) character
  • Experiences in your life that have helped you build moral character, and the work you might still need to do.  It's a chance to try writing in character -- try on different personas and voices for fun, or to address things you might not normally talk about
  • Character is another word for a letter or symbol, if you feel like it's finally time to indulge in some font nerdery
Hopefully, the month of February I will try to at least write one such post that hits somewhere in that list.

No comments: