Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rainfree Saturday?

Do you think we are going to get by this Saturday rain free!  I certainly hope so.  It is really beautiful out there this early morning.  When I went out at 6:30 to get the paper there was a little fog but it was nice.  We decided this weekend we would opt out of the cabin so The Hubby could get some office work done, which means work for me on Monday.  He also wants to go to the Tulsa BBQ Challenge today.  He loves to learn about BBQ and smoking meat which I'm all for...yum!  I have decided that I am not setting foot out the door, well except to pick up the paper.  I am going to pick up my room a bit and then paint.  I have basically all weekend to apply some paint to canvas and that is what I am going to do. 

Monday I'm excited because it is the day I deliver four of my paintings to the new opening of The Savage Art Gallery or The Gallery on Sixth.  Not sure what they want to call it but think there may be two connected galleries.  Anyway, I am a bit anxious as it is a judged show by the curator of Gilcrease!!!!!  I am a new painter and would like the critique (no ribbon) yet not sure I want it either.  You will have to venture out there and take a gander at all the wonderful art work that will show.  Our group Alpha Rho Tau (ART) will have 110 paintings there and all are for sale! 

Alpha Rho Tau
Civic Art Association
Art Exhibit
In Conjunction with the Grand Openings
of The Savage Art Gallery.com and
2205 East 6th Street, Tulsa

July 13 thru July 29th
Tues. Thru Sat. 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

All art available for purchase.

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm going to have to see if I can run by the gallery this week to check out your work in person.

Char said...

how exciting!!! good luck with the show and all of that.

Kay said...

Have fun! Those are very beautiful paintings! You'd get my ribbon