Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Focus

This morning while driving back home from the trainer my mind began to wander all around, as usual.  Thoughts just ramble around in my head and somehow I think that is what happens here on my blog.  As I read the many blogs I follow it seems most of them have a focus, mine doesn't. 
Someone may ask me what my blog is about and I faulter, shuffle my feet and try to come up with, "uh, uh, well, it's about, uh, me, my thoughts, what happens to me, uh, yeah."    I am at a loss as to the focus of which I write here.  What I am NOT is:  mommy blogger, food blogger (although sometimes I will post food stuff), computer blogger, photography blogger (again sometimes), writing blogger (although I consider myself a writer), book review blogger, review blogger, business blogger, health blogger, family blogger, education blogger, entertainment blogger, gardening blogger, pet blogger, restaurant blogger, etc...  But wait, the more I think about it I could be all of these things.  I do write, I do take photos (and paint them), I am a mommy although they are grown.  I think maybe I am all of these things and much, much more.  There is just not a category for me.  I think I would be lopped into the personal blogger category, but what does that mean.  Do I really have a focus or am I truly Jill of All Trades a mish-mash of all that rattles around in my melon.  I think so.  What do you think?  Do you have a focus?  Is it a little confusing for you too?  See this is just what goes on upstairs when I have free time. 

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the varied posts on your blog. Blogging is a totally free form idea.

I've been told that my blog would be a lot better if I would just focus on a few things instead of being so scattered. That I need to develop a "brand."

Nope, I just want to write about what I want to write about rather than trying to meet somebody's expectation.

Janie B said...

I'm the same kind of blogger. I just write about what's on my mind that particular day. Unfortunately, not much goes on up there most days. Ha!

Cindy said...

I'm the same. My intent when starting my blog was just to keep our family and friends informed of our activities. Plus, I wanted to have a forum to express my interests or opinions on a variety of topics. I couldn't focus on one thing if I wanted to!

I enjoy your blog just as it is...I love never knowing what you are going to talk about. Don't change!

carma said...

I prefer mish mash over boring niche blogs any day.

This is also exactly why I do not mention to anybody that I have a blog :D