Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

Yes it is Happy Birthday to my Sis today.  She is 51 years old and damn proud to have made it there with all of her health issues most of her life! 

This weekend was of course escaping to the cabin but we had a companion for Clayton, his buddy Mondo, our daughter and hubby's dog.  Clayton and Mondo love each other and play very well together.  Here they were anxiously watching for The Hubby to return on the golf cart so they could go for a run.


The weekend was truly a hot one.  I stayed on the porch until about 1 and then I was inside to the cool.  The puppies stayed in and slept the whole time.  Too hot for them I guess.  We had plans for dinner at one of the other's ccabins and I made an awesome appetizer and blackberry cobbler. 

The appetizer was called Chili Cheese Squares...travel to the cooking blog to see the recipe (no pic's I'm sorry).  Easy and so very good.  The blackberry cobbler was a no-brainer but the secret was the crust that my mother taught me and her mother and her mother...very simple, flakey and tender. 

Sadly the weekend was over too quickly but before we could leave Mr. Jimbo and The Hubby had to have a confab about concrete walls, propane tanks and building stuff.  Yadda, yadda, yadda.
All the while the two boys and I were waiting in the air conditioned truck (thank goodness)...

I soon got tired of the wait so I popped out of the truck to see what the two were yaking about with camera in hand.  I found some interesting pictures to take and possibly paint...


That's Grump, stopping by on his golf cart to see if he could add some input.

The road in front and around from our cabin...

then...
the wood rack...see something odd there...
I got closer...
Cool huh.  I thought so.  It looks like a worm has kind of eaten the wood and left trails.  You can kind of see a face in the middle. 

(can you tell, I'm trying to post everyday...)

No comments: