Friday, July 09, 2010

Bucket List

The famed Bucket List.  I have seen it and heard about it and have watched the movie but you know something, I don't have a bucket list.  The past couple of weeks I have actually thought about it a lot.  People have places they want to travel to or things they would like to accomplish but I am truly at a loss to even start a bucket list.  At first I thought about places to go but you know something I have never really wanted to go anywhere because I am a basic scardy cat, have been most of my life.  But since we have now traveled to France, England and Ireland I guess I am past that.  Then I think about things to do, hmmm, not sure about that kind of stuff but when I was little I always wanted to go on an archaeological dig and had an opportunity to when I was 14 but again the scardy cat thing prevented that one.  I think a bucket list has a lot of stuff on it but I think my bucket list will be pretty short, I've already gotten more than what I ever dreamed of out of life, so here goes...(please don't judge as some of them are pretty lame and I realize I've done some of the things I always wanted to do.)  Little secret here is that when I was young I wanted to be an archaeologist, a lawyer or a veterinarian.  (ones in red added later)
  1. Go to college and get a degree
  2. Paint a picture
  3. Travel to Tuscany
  4. Travel to France
  5. Travel to see a pyramid, any pyramid (the archaeologist in me)
  6. Travel to England
  7. Travel to Ireland  (want to go back)
  8. Fly in a helicopter
  9. Not Work
  10. Have my own room
  11. To have my own 15 minutes of fame
  12. To meet Oprah (lame I know)
  13. To meet the band members of Better Than Ezra...I love Kevin Griffin's voice
  14. To have another vegetable garden again
  15. Learn French
  16. Learn Italian
  17. See a professional baseball game LIVE...preferrably the St. Louis Cardinals!
  18. ?
  19. ?
Will definitely add to this and share!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great start! I want to do this - I need to get to it!!

Ruth said...

This is a good list, and there's nothing wrong with have a bucket list, of course, but all I can focus on is your wonderful line:

I've already gotten more than what I ever dreamed of out of life.

Kay said...

I know this sounds terrible, but I don't even have a bucket list. How awful! Makes me sound like such a funless person.

carma said...

#9 is my goal too.