Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Anyone for Dental Floss



I went to the veggie stand and picked up a bushel of fresh Silver King corn to work up.  I haven't worked a bushel of corn in a very, very long time.  Also got more tomatoes and purple hull peas and okra.  You have to work the corn pretty quick to keep the sugar so last night was it.  I even baked a chicken for dinner with the fresh tomatoes and of course creamed corn.  YUMMY.  As I was shucking the corn and getting it ready I dropped an ear and Clayton was there in a flash to taste it.  I had forgotten how much our dogs (when I was young) loved fresh corn, actually a lot of stuff out of the garden.  He loved it.  We used to have a dog that would eat the fresh asparagus right down to the ground.  I was little miss Betty Crocker yesterday, cooking and finishing yet another painting.  (Check out the art blog.)  Notice I had to have a little wine to help with the chore.  Now my freezer is full of corn for Thanksgiving and Christmas!


3 comments:

Country Girl said...

That's adorable!

Wow. I feel as if I should be doing more in the afternoons . . .
maybe I should be doing this!

Cindy said...

Everything looks delicious. You've inspired me to pick up some corn and prep/freeze it for later!

Char said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm, roasted chicken and fresh corn, sounds so delish