Monday, July 26, 2010

McLinky Monday - Vacation

Today is McLinky Monday at the RHOK girls and the question today is "what's your idea of a favorite vacation."  That is an easy question for me...my ideal would be Destin, Florida.  The white sand beaches have been a fav since I was a child.  We, as a family started going to Destin when I was about 13 years old.  The very first time was in a truck with an overhead camper shell.  We camped in a KOA campground on the beach.  It was an awesome time.  My brother and sister caught crabs and we cooked them.  One night we were all sitting around a campfire with other campers and a momma skunk with babies in tow toddled into the camp and walked right over my father's foot.  Not a peep was sounded as the little family passed through.  We we back every year until I graduated high school for a week.  That first year was camping but after that we found a wonderful motel on the beach called the Frangista.  Mother and Daddy made friends with Mrs. Brown that owned the place and she looked forward to seeing us every year.  Sadly she was killed one year when she pulled onto highway 98, right out her front door.  As the years passed The Hubby and I went back several times with our girls and friends.  The Frangista was revamped and made into some beautiful seaside rooms but sadly it was eventually torn down for progress.  So in a very long answer to the question, my favorite vacation has always been Destin, Florida.  I have to add now though that after the trip to Ireland last summer, Kilarney to be exact, that might be up there too.  Now, though my hammock at the cabin forever would be the top of the list. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never been to Destin...it is on my list though-what wonderful memories your family created and I remember your Ireland trip!

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

I have heard wonderful things about Destin, maybe I will have to add that to my list! ♥Mrs. Hart♥

Mom Mayhem says: said...

White sand beaches do sound nice indeed! And I've always wanted to visit Ireland too!

ThatsBaloney said...

I like the beaches at Destin but the whole place is just so darn crowded that I checked it off my list.

Beth Zimmerman said...

The hammock at the cabin sounds pretty close to Heaven to me!