Saturday, August 01, 2009

Voltaire

When I was in the 4th grade I read a quote somewhere that has been one of my favorites and I believe in it strongly. It was by Voltaire but the web has different versions and different authors and so on and so on, but here is what I know from my 53 year old brain channeling the 11 year old inside of me.

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend until death your right to say it."

I just deleted what I REALLY wanted to say, from which this anger comes from. The End!

5 comments:

JC said...

Hey, I'm making the rounds to visit the bloggers who gave me cards. I'm so glad you got to see Paula and have your picture taken with her. I saw that Kelly got my spot next to you and so many, many, many people were taller than me so I just skipped Paula and went sightseeing. Oh that van ride to the hotel talk about our carriage turning into a pumpkin. What a hoot but I'm so glad I got to meet you and Kelly.

You have a great site, I'll mark you as one of my favorites. Congrats on the new family addition. JC

Kathy W said...

I like that quote.

Unknown said...

that is a FAB quote...and i so hope it wasnt me that said something that made you in turn post this...i really hope it was the hubby...just not me...lol...

remember this is the year of MMWWWWWAAAAA..stand firm...and will you adopt me? lol

Country Girl said...

Gah! I've deleted a lot of my posts that were written when angry. My boss made me so mad on Friday that I couldn't say anything!~!

Char said...

I've always loved that quote and try to live by it - too bad a lot of other people can't see the same way.

sorry you were angry