Friday, July 31, 2009

Cabin Retreat

Here we go. It has been 3 weeks since I was last at the cabin and I am so homesick for it. Today, we get to go!!! I have stuff to do first before I can let it all go and enjoy the weekend. I have to do payroll first thing this morning with a little invoicing then it is trucking there. Wait, I will have to finish the list first: work, bank, post office, grocery store, liquor store, feed the last little birdie, pack, and a little laundry. I will definitely pack the laptop and hopefully tomorrow I will finally have time to sit and check out some of the new bloggy friends I met in Chicago at BlogHer'09. It's just all I can do to keep up with the ones I read now but I can't forsake my older bloggy friends :)

I spent yesterday morning and last evening drawing. I'm trying to work some of my free time in my art and yesterday I felt the need to draw. I have a lot of ideas for my next painting after I finish the autumn leaves but I need to get them into a form so I can get them on the canvas to paint. I'm getting pretty obsessive with it, sort of like The Hubby and his dancing. He went to class with B on Wednesday night then last night asked if I minded if he went to a ballroom class. I said sure, as long as I didn't have to go. This morning he informed me that there was a great class that are in 4 week stretches to focus on a particular dance style each 4 weeks, "But," he added, they are on Saturday nights. Hey, I'm NOT giving up my weekends at the cabin for a dance class! This is a real problem for us. He is now involved in a thing that is really for couples but I don't like to do it. I'm really getting to the point that I don't want to ever dance again. That is bad because I love to dance, disco and on my own terms. I know he would love it if I had this passion with him, but I don't! I'm finally doing what I WANT to do and I'm not going to be bullied into liking and doing something just for him. I've done and been there for him for the thirty-three years of our marriage and I'm finally figuring myself out and what I want. It is me time and I'm NOT giving that up right now. (Now here is where I backslide.) But, should I give in a little for him, to be a part of something he likes. We are partners you know but when do I get to shine. We've been through his love for collectibles for years and I mean years. Attending conventions, traveling through multi-states to find his collectibles, and even hosting conventions here in town. The house has been full of his collectibles and I will admit they are cool and very, very interesting but I am relegated to one room, in one corner. I occasionally spill out but I try not to cause too much contention. Hmmm, that is me isn't it. I don't rock the boat and lately I'm kind of causing a few waves. This is not like me but as I've said before, "THIS IS THE YEAR OF MWWWAAAA!!!!!."

5 comments:

Char said...

((hugs)) I'm always here to listen

Unknown said...

I am liking the year of MWWWAAAA!

I did giggle at all your to-dos before heading to the cabin...for goodness sakes move the liquor store to the top of the list lol

Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Enjoy your weekend at the cabin...
Hmmmm that sounds so nice right now, a weekend at the cabin, I mean :)
Have fun!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Hah, I know how you feel about doing stuff you want to do. I'm 54 years old now and getting harder and harder to live with I guess. If I don't pursue my interests now, (taking due account of family needs and priorities) when will I? Never is the anser.

Daniele said...

Have a great weekend! And I agree, do what you want, it doesn't always have to been about them. I have recently realized that I need to focus on myself more and not always on everyone else.