Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Paul McCartney

Last week I got an email from a friend who had a couple of extra tickets to see Sir Paul McCartney at the new BOK Center. She asked if I would be interested. I didn't even hesitate, even for the cost $250/each. I didn't even ask The Hubby if he would be interested. I just said yes, and that was that. I am not a fan of live concerts, too many people, too hot, walking, waiting, music usually not that great live, BUT, WOW! He was just awesome. I can't think of a better word, AWESOME! One fantastic way to spend 2-1/2 hours, non-stop. He was fun and the music just didn't stop. He is a 64 year old man and he does not look or act it. Sir Paul delighted me in singing every one of my favorite songs last night! The arena was packed to the ceiling with SRO only places behind the seats. People danced, sang and used their cameras/phones as lighters held into the air. (Too bad my camera was on the kitchen counter as you are not supposed to bring them but I heard that an email went out the afternoon giving the go ahead to use them last night...awwww.) There were a lot, and I mean a lot of gray-haired fans in the audience and it was funny to see bunned ladies and balding men feeling the music! What a wonderful night...thank you my friend for sharing the evening!

6 comments:

Char said...

he is a legend...what song was that?

A Brit in Tennessee said...

How lucky are you !!
Paul McCartney was always my favorite, I drooled over his picture daily ;)
I went to the original Cavern when I worked in Liverpool, just a hole in the wall kind of joint.
Who would have thought that those four lads would have made such a difference in the music world.
I'm happy for you !

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! So glad you enjoyed yourself!

amy merrick said...

wow, i'm so jealous! My mom and dad went to his show in baltimore and had a total blast!

Unknown said...

Oh Carla we are GREEN with envy over here in our corner. We are both HUGE fans, in fact our first ever online chat was about The Beatles.

I had a HUGE crush on Sir Paul as a tween and would have loved to have seen him. You are so lucky and I am so glad he out did your expectations.

laiglr/sweet tea said...

The body may age but the soul does not. Let's hear it for the older crowd who still LOVE the Beatles.
Go Paul!!
I saw him on a talk show recently and was totally surprised at how down-to-earth AND funny he was.