Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blah, blah, blah

Thank you everyone on the nice comments about my Momma. I (we) lost her July 26, 2006 and the other day I was feeling a little sad again about it, so the post. I had written it last fall because my doc suggested that it might help, and it did. I was going through some files and found it and decided to share. Thanks again.

I've spent a few hours off and on this week painting again. My classes are on a little break so I'm trying to use this little hiatus to try some new stuff on my own. I sketched my next project and this week started painting a sunflower. I'm pretty happy with it and can't wait to take it to my instructor and have him help me fine tune it. I'll post a pic when I'm done. I'm really hoping to get a little more prolific and generate enough of these things to sell some. That would be so very exciting, but I need a little more confidence in myself to take off on my own. I so love this painting gig but just need to find more time in my day to do it. B starts teaching again soon so I will not be able to spend as much time being creative as I want. I will have to be at the office more. I've enjoyed the summer taking a lot of time off, I needed it, but it is back to the old grindstone. I like painting in the morning hours here at home because the light is good in my room. I actually have an idea and I've hinted to the hubby about it a few times. See, we purchased some more property (buildings) a little over a year ago and have started using the huge metal building for part of the business overflow, but we also have this cool stone building

that is empty. It overlooks downtown on the upper floor and it has these awesome windows...SUNLIGHT...that would be great for painting. It needs to be cleaned up a bit, actually a lot inside: new sheet rock, clean and sweep the wood floors, clean the nasty bathrooms, etc. I would LOVE (THIS IS A BIG HINT) to occupy part of the upstairs with a STUDIO!!!! I actually have mentioned it to The Hubby but I don't think he took the hint. We actually have plans to move our operations over and there is no time like the present, so lets get cracking. We would have the phones and computers and everything there and I could answer and work and in the down times, when all my work is done, but still needing to be there to answer the phones, well, I could PAINT! What do you think? I think it is a great idea. Maybe he'll surprise me. Maybe a little birdy will hint again to him. Would be a great Christmas idea!!! Oh man, I'm bad.

Really should get off here and hit the shower and do what I need to do, go to work.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I for one am totally in favor of it, especially since you say there is great light. I can't wait to see what you do with this place.

Janie B said...

I love that idea and am totally jealous! I bought my current house with an extra bedroom to use as my studio and craft room, but it's too small. I would LOVE a place like that building! Good luck with the hubby. Hint louder!

Char said...

what a seriously great building!!! I hope he takes the hint.

Ann said...

I'd take a studio up there too! Neat building - love property in the mid-west - not like the expensive rundown stuff in Massachusetts!