Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday morning. It is 8:06 am and I'm up with The Hubby watching a tape of Leno with Prince performing. I really wanted to sleep in but my body just wouldn't do it this morning. Of course, we were in bed by 10 last night so I've had plenty of sleep. The sun is just streaming through the music room window bringing the meltdown.
Today is the 1 year anniversary of our oldest and her hubby, B&B2. Happy Anniversary you two!

I want to read my paper but it is on the sloping driveway that I'm not going to navigate for a bit, at least till the thaw starts today. Maybe The Hubby will get it for me if I bat my eyes. First thing I did this morning when we got up was to look out the back sliding door at the snow and my empty bird feeders. Poor little birds, I didn't fill them before the snow started. They keep sitting on the empty feeders looking for food. So, I decided to just scatter some feed on the porch. I opened the slider and all hell broke loose. I forgot that the alarm was still on. It was 7:30 am. I'm sure the neighbors really appreciated that. The Hubby turned it off and of course the alarm people called to make sure everything was okay. Oops!

I'm not sure what I want to do today. Yesterday I got all my laundry done. Notice I said my laundry. I don't do The Hubby's, he does his own! Can barely get mine done and that is the reason he does his own. I watched Twilight and last night we watched The Dark Knight. All the while I finished crocheting a baby afghan and started another one. This evening I'm going to a baby shower for one of the other blankets I've finished. It is a dinner shower and way out south Tulsa. A friend is picking me up but she may have her husband and mine take us while they go to dinner.

I'll shower today and get my hair all cutesy and my makeup done to a T. Hmmm, that'll fill up a couple of hours of my day. Maybe I'll work on my painting of Peaches the Cat, read a book, watch TV, or maybe I should put away all the clean laundry I have amassed. I'm bad about that too. One thing I know for sure is that I will not be out until this evening so I have all do to just piddle around here. The Hubby is going to the office to get some work done (means work for me tomorrow). It is going to be quiet here. I like!

7 comments:

Char said...

sounds like a good start to the day - well, except for the alarm part. :)

Ruth said...

Congrats to your daughter and her husband, they're beautiful! Ours gets married this summer.

Stay warm and cozy, spring is coming, it really is.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hey, we both put up paintings today - mine I didn't paint, however - GMR did it....

And I love the photo of your room - warm, inviting...love it.

I also wanted to stay in bed, but couldn't...dang.

Unknown said...

your daughter and her hubby are a beautiful couple1 Happy Anniversary to them!

That painting is awesome...you are so talented!

Happy Monday...all our snow is gone now we are left with soggy muddy ground

Daryl said...

Happy Anniversary to your kids!

and I am sitting here wondering why everyones homes always look photo ready and mine always looks so messy

kario said...

Love the painting! I have a cat that looks exactly like that.

Hope the sunshine melts all the cares away for you today...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.