Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lots of stuff to talk about plus...(new sexual revolution?)

There is lots to post here today. Yesterday was a whirlwind of just stuff going on. The bathroom remodels and miscellaneous "To Do's" seems to be an endless thing. We were first just going to remodel the entry bath but it has now turned into replacing the floor in the garden bath, replacing all door knobs, hinges, locks and not doors throughout the house. The Hubby is wonderful but the littlest knit-picky things seem to bother him and eat at him until they have to be fixed. The problems of living with a perfectionist and "he's always right" kind of guy, but I'll take him any day over the "do nothing" kind of guy. Here are some recent pic's of the bathroom stuff and doors and etc...

There will be a border/edge around the wall of black marble and new crown molding at the top.

Now to the door stuff.Old doors...

New doors, still unpainted, which may take another 3 weeks to do and cost a fortune. This is costing a bunch right now but if we went with our old contractor it would probably be double or triple. We met again with the architect about our add-on bathroom-workout room-laundry-closets-deck-hot tub project and he had some projected costs. EGADS! We are talking about adding approximately 750 square feet with the cost about well, I won't say exactly but it will probably double the cost of our house. And keep in mind that the landscaping has not been done or the outdoor kitchen, front drive and, and, and...oh well, you know we have the house of our dreams and who are we saving it for. Cough, cough, cough, I say that but it still hurts.
___________________________________________________________________________
Last night, like the night before was terrible for sleep. The night before I tossed and turned all night long. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 only to wake up a little before 1 a.m. and listen to the rain and thunder and watch the lightening through the uncovered window. I finally decided enough was enough at 2 and got up. I went to the living room and continued reading my book till about 3:30. I really wasn't get sleepy-eyed but opted to try yet again to find the elusive sleep. I drifted off about 4 only to wake up again at 7:30. Wow, what an awful night. I just could not get comfortable in the bed.

I'm writing this from the cabin in the upstairs bedroom that has no door. I guess you would call it a loft room but it is a bit more. I have a pretty good Internet connection her from the other neighbors and since it has been raining and a bit cool today, I didn't feel like sitting on Harri's deck in the damp and cold. They haven't made it up here yet as Sin and Bare hosted a bridal shower at their house in town and it was a big deal dinner for about 80 or so that they cooked for. I would imagine that Harri and Jimbo helped with it. They will definitely be here today because we are again having another birthday party, or should I say dinner for PH. Her hubby is cooking burgers at PO's cabin and we women all went in and bought a spa pamper package at my favorite spa in town for PH. When I went in to purchase the gift certificate I was so tempted to buy one myself but I still need to make sure I'm healthy before I do that. Oh and here are some pic's of the upstairs room that I'm utilizing today. I'm very tempted to set up a painting studio here until I get my room in town cleaned out (yeah and it has been three years and still messy). I just don't know if I want to have to wait till the weekend to do stuff but that's kind of how it has been lately, we'll see. I'm sitting on the bed taking these pics around the room ...


The next two are of the view sitting on the bed, where I am now, looking out into the yard.


___________________________________________________________________
Now on to the rest of the title of my post. Before I went to bed last night I took my new O Magazine and started flipping through. It is the one that has Michelle Obama and Oprah on the cover, a first that didn't have just Oprah on it. It was interesting, sort of. I don't pick one up often because I find it kind of a boring magazine most of the time but there was a very interesting article in this one that seemed to catch my eye. It was an article called, "She's So Fine", by Mary A. Fischer. It basically is an article about, well, this is the opening after the headline: "Cynthia Nixon did it. Lindsay Lohan's doing it. TV shows are based on it. Is it our imaginations, or are wives and girlfriends ditching their men and falling in love with other women? New science says that sexuality is more fluid than we thought." Caught my eye. The reason is that I have a friend that has had a change in her lifestyle recently so it hits close to home. It is an interesting article and makes you just think about it all. It may help some of my friends to understand it more and be more understanding of the whole situation. I hope so. I don't have a problem at all but some do. It has caused some rumor and innuendo to run rampant in my circle of friends. The article does talk a lot about some scientific stuff (I was getting sleepy during some of it) and I plan on reading it again to get it more. So is this a new sexual revolution, a fad or has it been always and just under the radar. Hmmm, makes you think doesn't it. Really check out the article if you dare!

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Wow, you have a lot going on, with your house, and your friends!

Char said...

I like "O" most of the time and the photography is what really catches my eye. the remodeling looks so great.

Flea said...

Your remodel is looking so nice! I love the green with the black and white floor. :)

TAL said...

Great post... definitely a lot of topics discussed.

The remodel looks great so far, please post some pics when you are all done so we can see the crown moulding and the rest of your hard work. Great job so far.

TJ