Sunday, March 08, 2009

We Be Dancing Fools!

Yes this weekend we be dancing fools. Last night at the cabin habitat we went to a 50th birthday bash for Sin at the wigwam (the community gathering place). They had booked the group G-Note and we just about danced our feet off. We did the West Coast Swing, line dancing, disco (my fav) and some oldies like the twist. It was a great party with lots of food, music, laughter and friends. I think we danced for hours and my feet today are killing me, but it was totally worth it. The gala finally wrapped up around midnight and we headed to the barn to rest our weary bodies. I thought it best to check any phone messages just in case and I must have known something was wrong. My brother had left a message that our sister was in the hospital with her heart. She had two open heart surgeries about 10 years+ ago to replace a valve and close some holes. She's been fine but Saturday she had intense chest pains, numbness in both of her hands and couldn't keep any kind of food down. They're not real sure what's going on so tomorrow she will have a heart-cath test, which she hates, to see if there is a blockage. I think that is what the doc's think is going on. She hopes they are able to do a balloon thingy and all will be alright. I hope so too. It's very scary and she is only 49 years old.

Back to the party night. After calling my brother at 12:30 and getting him out of bed to hear what was going on with sis we poured our weary bodies in the soft comfy bed. The air was so nice that we slept with our windows open both Friday and Saturday night. I had just about got my head to calm down so I could drift to sleep when a truck stopped in front of our cabin and a lovers quarrel could be heard going on in the truck. I won't elaborate on who because some parties read this but let's just say it was bad, very, very, bad. The F word was used a lot with kicking and hitting the truck. This went on for 45 minutes until I decided to make a phone call to a party that could stop it. I have yet to find out what all happened after they took off and the other party got involved but sleep was not to be found until about 2:30 last night. We slept in till nearly 9 this morning, which hasn't happened in many years.

Back in town I immediately took a trip to the hospital to check on sis. Talked to my Daddy who is upset that he can't get there to see her. His hip is so sore he can hardly walk. Our brother popped in to check on her also and probably will be back this evening. I'll be at the office early in the morning to get the Monday morning crap done then I'll head out to be with her and see how the tests go. I don't know if she can handle surgery again. I don't know if I can after cratering just thinking about my Daddy and surgery. Hmmm, trip to the therapist I think.

5 comments:

Char said...

honey I love that you're getting support through the therapist with all that goes on in your life. you are so strong to deal with all of that.

Kay said...

I'm so sorry you're having to cope with so much right now, Jill. I'll be waiting to hear that your sister is doing fine as well as your dad. Take care.

Unknown said...

yore given so much to deal with becasue you cope- god bless people like you my friend xx

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister Jill, I will be praying everything works out for her and your dad. The dancing sounded like alot of fun.

Red from Ktown said...

Good luck with everything!!