Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dermatologist Saga - Part II

To see Part I of my incident at the Dermatologist read this then you can go on to read this post. I wrote a letter to my dermatologist about what happened with his PA and the assistant. Last night after I had turned my phone off my dermatologist called and left me a message to call him back which I did at 8 am this morning. Thank goodness he was very upset about what happened to me and vowed to get to the bottom of the incident. I am very glad and will, from now on only book an appointment to see him instead of the PA, unless I'm very desperate. The rest of the conversation left me absolutely scared out of my wits and very anxious. He was more concerned with the problem with the MRSA and wants me to see an ear, nose and throat guy and possibly an infectious disease doctor. YIPES! I really don't want to do that and it scares the bejeezes out of me. My gut is in knots right now. He will call back tonight and wants his office to order me up a antibiotic ointment for my nose and ears, yuck. There might be another round of different antibiotics eventually if I have another outbreak and possibly a stay in the hospital and IV antibiotics. OH MY GOD!!!!! Yeah, I'm pretty scared about it all but we'll see if I can keep this stuff at bay on my own with my probiotics, vitamins, Omega 3-6-9, vitamin C, etc. I just don't want to go that route if I can help it. My God I'm really in a little bit of a panic.

8 comments:

Flea said...

Please don't panic. MRSA is definitely very serious, so take the doc at his word and do what he says. But no panicking! And if you wind up at a medical Hilton, let me know where you'll be and I'll come visit. :)

Char said...

I agree - no panicking. Take care of it with your doctor and he will get you better.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Don't panic but don't mess around with this also.
I'm glad he called you back.

Kay said...

How great to hear that your dermatologist is responsible and caring. I think you really need to have him treat you and get to the bottom of the MRSA before it gets even worse. Sometimes the anticipation is worse than the actual treatment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

It is very important that you contact me. My contact information is on my site at:
www.cleanair4life.ecrater.com

By all means follow up with your doctor but do not hesitate to get a second opinion either. Sadly enough many doctors do not even have as much information as I do and they very often, with good intent,offer help through trial and error. MRSA is anti-biotic resistant. You need internal medicine.

There is no time for that, and I don't mean to scare you any more than you already are, but I think I may be able to help you and I will do everything in my power to do so.

Please call me right away.I look forward to speaking with you.

Jacob

Bar L. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I am glad I found yours. My son had MSRA. I echo the thoughts above - don't panic, but DO follow the doctor's orders. After several tries to rid him of it, the derm. finally put him on three straight months of anti-biotics and that did the trick. I hate taking anit-b's too but in this case PLEASE DO IT!

Carolina Elizabeth said...

I just wrote a post on my blog about letting go of my Jack of all trades title and the challenges that has lead up. I enjoy hearing how others deal with that issue. I hope you will come visit and read. My blog is new, but it is just about women, business, art, and Oklahoma.
carolinaelizabeth-art.blogspot.com

Kellyology said...

I am so glad this Dr. took your complaint letter seriously. Thanks goodness! And the other...agree it is scary. But it seems that your on top of things so I know everything will get taken care of.