Thursday, March 05, 2009

I'm a winner

Yes, I'm a winner. I am remiss in not announcing this sooner but just got wrapped up in travel, doctor appointments and stuff. I'm a bad, bad girl.

Thank you so much LAgirl at Sweet Tea. I am the proud recipient of the audio book Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews. It arrived today and I'm very excited to listen to it. There was an added bonus of some adorable Mary Englebreit note cards. Wow! Thank you again.

Today I'm taking the entire day off. Yes, the entire day. I am not moving out of this house, oh well, except to go to the personal trainer this morning. I don't even have the writing class tonight as it was canceled due to low enrollment. But that is okay too. So far I've watched 2 hours of Charmed as usual, watched the DVR of America's Next Top Model and American Idol, cleaned out three bird cages, eaten an omelet and an avocado, the dishes, taken my shower (with all the cleansers I have to use now) and well, that is about it. I need to do my laundry but I'm not going to kill myself over it. I'm enjoying just being here and the phone hasn't been ringing either which is very weird. Usually The Hubby or B or A are calling me. I like this quiet. I even have the TV on mute as it is so calm here today. I need this alone time occasionally. I probably should write but I'm just not feeling wordy inspiration right now. I'm feeling, well, LAZY and I'm very good at that. I have a real talent for it. Hey wait, that's my calling, lazy! Okay, now I'm just being silly but I know of a few family members who would agree with me.

I've also thought about washing my car today but that would mean crawling into the azalea hedge and grapple with the hose to hook it up to the spigot and I'm not feeling that right now. Speaking of my car, the carpenter dropped by the house to get some of his tools for a job at our shop and noticed something leaking out of the back of my car. It was water. Where in the world did that come from. Oh my God, that car! I love it but it has already seen better days with a hailstorm, a shopping cart crammed into the side of it, numerous nails in my tires and it doesn't even have 20,000 miles on it yet. The Hubby wants me to test drive some different kinds of cars, that are more sturdy and substance. He's afraid of me driving my itt-bitty car, I do love it. I kind of like some of the Jeeps (I used to have one) and mentioned it. He suggested I test drive. Okay, maybe I will. Hey another NEW car and the Miata is only 2 years old itself. I might like that. Even though I love my car I am limited to people who can ride with me and the amount of stuff I can tote around. There are some good and bad points here.

On the BlogHer note: my friend purchased our plane tickets. I'm so amped for this girl trip. It ought to be awesome. Thanks for the nudge K. I'm glad we're going.

Done rambling, think I had better be productive today....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for being a winner, having a day off and for coming to BlogHer!

Kay said...

Congratulations on being a winner! About the car... My husband has always drooled about having a Miata. We're now looking, thinking, pondering getting a Prius.

Char said...

I love that book!!! I'm currently reading "Deep Dish" by her - she write with such a sense of humor.

Peggy said...

Julie;

I... ALWAYS wanted a Miata,so I'm drooling a bit! Glad you could have an entire day off.