Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Mini Vacation

This has been the most awesome mini vacation for me. Yesterday the day was just glorious as I sat on Harri and Jimbo's deck for nearly four hours reading blogs and posting one myself. I finally went in and spruced up the kitchen and put a few strokes on my painting. I decided that I would clean out the freezer part of the refrigerator, so the trash needed to be taken to the dumpsters. I still had my lounging pants and tank-T on and house shoes as I hopped on the golf cart and took a little ride with my camera in hand. I didn't want to miss an opportunity to capture a moment. A quick toss into the smelly dumpster as a ferrel cat jumped out of one behind me, scaring me too death then I was off to see who was here for the week and take in a most wonderful day. (Right now a Cardinal is going to make himself hoarse calling to the little lady Cardinals.) I went back through the gate and took the first turn to find MT sitting on her stone deck with another cabiniter E. They flagged me down for a glass of iced tea. Now, these ladies are not my normal gang to visit, in fact I/we've never been invited to one of their parties so I was honored. I sat down to a delicious glass of tea and delightful chatter when another lady, Miss Pat walked up. MT told me that she had invited the ladies for a bowl of beans at 2pm and I was going to eat with them. Again I was honored and had a most delicious bowl of beans, iced tea and great company. Too bad I was still greasy from not showering yet, but hey, that is the joy of this place; no makeup, no shower and no dressing up. It's casual all the way and I was fitting that bill to a tee. I spent a good two hours with the ladies, who are all about 15-20 years older than me. Finally, I was on my way with the camera taking the leisurely way home. I drove down to the waterfall, the wigwam and all the way to the rock barrier but didn't find too much pretty yet. The trees are still showing so much damage from the ice storm that until the leaves pop it's just plain ugly. I did get a nice picture of the bell and old fireplace that is the remnant from the old caretakers cabin some 40 years ago or so.
Today is not much different from yesterday except for the breeze but it's supposed to be a bit warmer. Tomorrow I will head for town and I'm not looking forward to it. I probably won't leave till later in the afternoon. I want to soak up as much alone time as I can. I really should be writing on my story but just not in the mood. Maybe this afternoon as most of the full-timers are gone today. Just have to contend with the tractor on the other road fixing a water leak. Can really do without that right now but I'll still enjoy the sun and the air and the birds and allergies...AAaaachoo!

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a really nice mini vaca!

Coming over from SITS! Welcome!!

Kay said...

Love your photos! I'm glad you're able to get a nice little vacation in!

Char said...

sounds like a fantastic time - I'm so jealous

Debbie said...

Great photos and I'm glad you are having a good time.

The Rambler said...

Loved the photos.

You just made me think of my next post with the feral cat scaring you. (thank you)

And enjoy the mini vacation. Tell me how to get it :)

From SITS saying welcome to the site :)

Unknown said...

great photos and so glad youa re enjoying your break- you deserve it xx

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh! Glad your sister is okay - yes, very scary stuff (as related to your comment, not this post *smiling*)


I have a brother in OK -- I haven't visited there in a while.

Sounds like you are relaxin :)

Ash said...

What a vibrant life you lead!! Your family is absolutely gorgeous - including the cats.

Swinging by to welcome you to SiTS! Thrilled to have you - Em