Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mindless yada yada yada

I haven't been much in the mood to type/write stuff lately. I think I've hit a little of a dry spell. Actually, I haven't had the time to sit and just do it. I seem to be running all the time lately with absolutely nothing to really do or get accomplished. We finally have B in the office to give me some time off but I seem to be in the office all time anyway. Yesterday she was sick so I had to go in anyway. This afternoon I have to go in to make a deposit and get my address list I printed up for my meeting tonight here with my high school class reunion committee.

Yesterday I finally started back on my workouts after being off of them for about 5 weeks. First was The Hubby's accident then my bout with infection stuff. I am ready to get back to it. Today we did an assessment and I'm up 1.5 pounds!!!!YIKES! I guess that is to be expected after being off so long from exercise and eating the same+! My legs today are killing me they are so very sore. I will have to get back into it and I look forward to the pain as I know it is working! I want to be under 200 SO BAD and I'm just a few pounds away so I have to amp it up to get there.

This past weekend was really nice at the cabin. It was quiet with not many people there and then we hosted the get-together that grew from 7 to 12 but that was okay. I enjoyed the rain and I finished another book, A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs. I can't decide what to read next.

Today I am home from two workouts and need to pick up my house for the committee meeting tonight. I have finally finished cleaning out the guest room closet and now need to switch some of my clothes but just haven't had time to even finish that. I've been doing my laundry and keeping in in baskets and finally just dumped them on the guest bed so it looks like my closet and dresser drawers have thrown-up all over the place. I guess that is what I should tackle but (now I whine), I don't want too. It is so quiet this morning, not even my canaries or parakeet are making a sound. It's nice. I cleaned out one of the cages last night but I need to do the other two. So that is on the agenda for today.

Now for a little commentary...John Edwards...SHAME ON YOU! I have absolutely no tolerance on a man or woman who screws around on the spouse. I just don't. When we were first married and I was very naive I told The Hubby that if there ever was a discretion I would forgive him. A few years ago, The Clinton debacle, I retracted that statement and said if that happened he had better find a good lawyer because I would take him to the cleaners. I just have no tolerance for that, especially since she (Elizabeth) was sick when he (John) did it. Why can't people stay faithful. I just don't understand, don't understand. Okay I'm through ranting.

Guess I had better get off my keaster and get done what is on my list to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the cheating. That newish Sugarland country song - why don't you stay - a song sung from a mistresses point of view the first time I heard it, it made me sooo mad - that is when I realized I had really, totally slipped into the wife position. I could not at all relate or have sympathy for the home wrecker!