Saturday, August 09, 2008

Best Laid Plans-Mucked Up

My plans have again been mucked up and The Hubby is not helping the matter, AT ALL! His birthday is the 23rd, also A is coming into town to visit so I had planned a huge family dinner in honor of both and for the joy of him being okay after the harrowing accident. I planned a bash at the lake on Saturday with friends and then Sunday a family dinner. My email just ringy-dingyed me and it was from the daughter of his best friend. She is going to be in town for a visit with her new little baby (#2) and so they are having a family do on Sunday with all of their extended family from across the continent. The Hubby is an honorary member of their family since he and Kel have known each other since they were 5 years old so we ALWAYS go to their do's. Now I'm in a quandary because The Hubby is like, "I told you I didn't' want a big party anyway." He wants to go to the other family do too. So I guess I will have to change all my plans and reschedule the family thing to Saturday and have a little do at the lake on Friday night. Best laid plans all mucked up!

The lake is very quiet today. There are not a lot of people here to cause a lot of ruckus. The possibility of rain is here as the clouds are overcast and uh oh I feel a few drops...better put the neighbors umbrella up to protect the laptop. We are hosting a little get together tonight with some other cabinites that we don't usually pal around with. We are cooking a chuck roast on the grill. Yes it can be done in about 40 minutes and it is delicious. Marinate it overnight in a plastic bag in: cooking sherry, vegetable oil, white wine vinegar (1/4 cup each), garlic, basil, Worcestershire sauce (2 Tbls each) and lots of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Grill for about 20 minutes on each side and it is like the poor mans steak for a lot of people. My sis-in-law, who doesn't cook, gave me the recipe. I'm also doing my famous sweet potatoes. I peel, cut up in chunks, like frying potatoes and coat with a little olive oil and jalapeno salt (check out Fiestaspices.com) and a little Splenda (or sugar)-about 1-2 tsp. then bake in a 400 degree oven till a little brown and tender, about 20-30 minutes give or take. Yummy

No comments: