Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Peaceful Weekend - A light bulb moment

We are back from the cabin, rested and relaxed. I checked the messages and there was a VERY long one from the MIL letting us know that on of the nephews wives had another miscarriage. So very sad. They had one before their son and now two more. I think they might just give it up at this point. So sad.

I also opened the Saturday's mail and found the insurance letter about more of The Hubby's medical stuff. The hospital bill alone was $25,000 and now the ambulance/helicopter bill arrived and was $12,525. What with the doctor bills we will be out of pocket expense about $4,000-$5,000. YIKES, a volunteer project that cost us that kind of money. Oh well.
--------

I was just leafing through one of my many writing magazines and I just figured out something, a real light-bulb moment. I have always wanted to be a writer and recently decided that I would call myself a writer because I do write, here on these digital pages, but in the magazines I read and in some of the little classes I have taken there are so many steps to becoming a real writer. I think that is what is holding me back, not doing it "the right way". Hey, wait a minute is there a right or wrong way to write, probably but you know what I think writing is writing. In the magazines and classes there are so many articles and lectures telling you about the research of it and the grammar of it and it is just too much for me. I think I write just fine and trying to meet up the the expectations of the supposed guru's of writing can stop a person, like me in my tracks. I feel overwhelmed by the idea that I am not doing it right but is there a right way or wrong way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, writing is writing and I think that as long as your life is fuller because of your writing that is what counts most, no matter how you go about it.