Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Typical Day

My typical day actually started last night about 11:30 pm. I had dosed off to sleep about 10:15 just after the weather forcast. The Hubby had fallen asleep on the couch again and that is where I left him. Usually I turn off my cell phone but I was very rudely awakened with the little sing-song I have for A in Californina and mind you there is a 2 hour time difference, so it was about 9:15 there. I jumped out of bed and grabbed the TV control and tried to mess with the TV which was off and then realized that it was my phone. The Hubby gets very much in a terrible, hateful mood if the phone rings after 9 pm so I was worried he would come flying in the bedroom to growl about people not knowing what time it was. I was spared his rampage as it was the cell phone and he didn't hear it. A was crying but I was not awake enough to show much concern. The conversations I am now having with my children really surprise me. She was upset that she might have a...wait for it...hemorroid and her stomach was upset. This child has always had problems with those bodily functions so this was not a new subject for us. I told her she probably needed to see a doctor. She freaked and said, "RIGHT NOW." I told her to calm down and that it could wait at least until tomorrow. I wasn't really a sympathic listener to her plight, especially from so far away in the middle of the night. I calmed her down and she said good night quickly. Then I thankfully trudged back to my comfy bed and lay there tossing and turning for two hours. I couldn't go back to sleep. Crap!


I had to get up as usual for Jazzercise and another personal training session so I've had about 4 hours sleep. YAAWWWN. I did make it to both workouts. In between the workouts I came home for breakfast and to put on a pot of beans in the crockpot, but just before I left for the personal trainer I realized the stupid crockpot was not on. I tried another outlet but dummy me didn't change walls, a breaker was tripped. I just thought after PT I would go to Target and get a new crockpot. It's pretty cool with three different size crocks, 2 quart, 4 quart and a 6 quart. I like it bunches. I went home and transfered the beans that had been soaking for a couple of hours and took my shower and readied for the day.

Finally to the office while B headed out for lunch with her former co-workers and friends. I knew she would not be back till about 1:30 so I settled. I had to leave about 1:30 myself to get my teeth cleaned and run to the post office. A few phone calls, took a credit card payment and played on the Internet. Yup, a typical day for me.

Oh I almost forgot the snipe B took at me. I went home after the dentist as I didn't have anything to do at the office and settled into my nice chair and began to doze. The cell phone rang "Ice, Ice, Baby" and I knew it was either The Hubby or B, it was the latter. It was just a phone message question and then we chit-chatted a bit. I told her about these neat new massaging chair at the dentist and she sniped, "I told you that already. You don't ever listen to me." First of all I told her I don't remember and then tried to explain but she said it again rather hateful. You know what I would have never talked to my mother the way she snaps at me. NEVER! She is 28 years old and I'm tired of our relationship not moving out of the mother and and teenager stage. She still acts like she is 16 and frankly I'm tired of it. I'm still on the stupid list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading, just not commenting...til now. I am a few years older than you are, but share many of your thoughts and feelings, married 37 years, empty nest. Trying to do more for MYSELF now instead of everyone else. It is a struggle!! Keep sharing. And keep working on doing things for YOU.
**West Coastie**