Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Morning and I'm Not Home

It is Monday morning and I'm not home. In fact, I didn't go home yesterday. I stayed another night at the cabin and I'm certainly glad I did. The evening was pretty quiet up here as most everybody went home from the weekend. There are mainly the residents still here. I had dinner with one of those couples and it was very pleasant. I didn't stay long but opted to go to Sin and Bare's along with Harri and Jimbo. They had been out on the pontoon boat ALL day long and were exhausted but were having dinner and sitting around the fire. I joined for a brief time but was soon home about 10 to watch the news. I didn't make it long for the news as I fell asleep on the couch and woke up about 11:30 and hit the bed. It was such a cool evening I turned the A/C off and opened the windows and turned the fan on. This morning is crisp and I'm actually sitting at the neighbors deck using the other neighbors Internet connection with a jacket on.

The sounds of the morning here are just incredible. I hear the birds, all kinds of birds waking up the world here. In the distance I can hear cows bellowing to be milked and dogs baying at something they have seen. The only sound of humans is the very distant interstate where the cars are making their early morning commutes. Now that it is after eight the workmen have descended upon the area to work on some of the remodeling that is constantly going on up here. The hammers, drills and saws have started their sing-song for the day. I can really do without that. Now I can hear one of their radios blaring through the nature sounds, breaking the solitude that I have found here.

Across the road at Gary's cabin and his neighbors cabin there is a crazy red cardinal that is constantly bashing his poor little head against the windows. He has done this for months now, back and forth from one picture window to the other. I think he sees another male cardinal and is doing the territorial thing. It goes on all day long and will probably kill him. Poor thing. They should hang a piece of cardboard or something in the windows to send him on his way for a bit. Tap, tap, tap, SMASH, there he goes again.

I'm really thinking about staying for another night but not sure if The Hubby will go for it. I know he likes me close and I mean close to the office but I'm totally enjoying my time here this week and I know that won't last as this weekend approaches. He had better just let me alone anyway as I have the dreaded "Curse" and am really not too pleasant to be around. I can't believe how utterly depressed I was just before it started this week. I just didn't think about that as it was January for the last episode. Maybe it will be another 6 months or even, if lucky, a year for the next one, but I don't know if I can manage the deep depression that comes with it. Oh my goodness, I felt like I was a teenager again. YUCK!


Trixie said...

Hi Jill,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about having fun! It helped me find your blog. I hope you get to spend as much time as you want at your cabin. I'm having a bad case of the blues myself today -- I hope yours pass soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts regarding Angie over on my blog. I wondered how you found me, but now that I see Trixie here, I suspect you surfed her blogroll.

Enjoy some of that cool weather for me. We're in the triple digits today. I'm so ready to retire to someplace where summer lasts only about five minutes!

May all our blues turn pink today! :)