Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I think I'll take the compliment!

I took the day off, yes I took the whole day off today. I first ventured to the gardens, as we once called them. The gardens are the fresh produce markets, well, not so fresh and homegrown anymore. When I was a kid we went to the gardens to help my Momma and Granny pick things like green beans, tomatoes and cucumbers. There was a favorite place called Boggs that was the best. The ones now are just not that great anymore and ship in more than they grow. I should have just stayed closer to my own grocery store to get fresh vegetables as I was very disappointed by the long trip. It was also very sad for me as I had not been since Momma was alive and it just brought me down.

I called a few friends to see if they wanted to have lunch but I got hold of NO ONE! Another sad time. I'm lonely. So I decided to stop in at Windsor Market, a decorating and (some) antiques store where my brother-in-law has a booth. I found a few things to buy and then decided to call my mother-in-law and see if she was home. I had not been to her new apartment since she moved in and wanted to see her place so I visited and then took myself to lunch.

Now comes the fun. I went to the store and while walking the aisles I notice the new Bud Light Lime...YUMMMMYYYY!!! I put some in my cart and finished shopping and went to check out. This WONDERFUL check out lady started giggling and told me she needed to see my ID. What...I stood there for a minute and she just kept standing there smiling at me and said it again. Well, okay. She said I had such a youthful face she needed to see it. I pulled it out and showed it to her and her eyes bugged out and she said we were the same age and that I looked wonderful and young. I told her thank you and she again said I looked so young. I really don't know if she was kidding or just being a very nice lady but I think I'll take this compliment after a downer day.

No comments: