Friday, June 20, 2008

Daytime Emmy's

Okay, okay...I'm a fan and I can't help it. I am watching the Daytime Emmy's right now and one of my very favorite actors just WON! My favorite soap opera's are As The World Turns and Guiding Light but I don't get to watch often anymore. I remember my mother watching both of these shows when I was about 4 years old so I'm a long time fan. Anyway, my favorite actor on Guiding Light was Tom Pelphrey. He is no longer on the show but occasionally he pops back on for a few days and I will tape them. He is a magnificent actor and on the left side of my blog is a clip of the most powerful scenes he was in when his wife died on the show. You can get to the end of the clip to see the most powerful scene, but WOW. Every time I see it I am moved. I guess you would have to see the whole maturation of the character of Jonathan he played to truly understand the power of his performance. It was absolutely incredible. He played a bad boy which is probably the attraction, who knows. I hope you take a look.

No comments: