Sunday, June 22, 2008

My To Do List

My to do list for today:
· Eat lunch (check)
· Clean out refrigerator (check)
· Clean out Pantry (check)
· Put away laundry
· Clean out guest closet
· Clean out my closet (shift summer/winter to guest closet)
· Clean out “my” room closet

OK the first three I accomplished today and I will probably get to the laundry later on tonight. The last three will take me a lot more time probably a day for each, whenever I find the time.


There was a little hitch in the cleaning out the fridge. The stupid thing is two years old and if you leave the door open for 10 minutes it shuts off and has to, well, re-boot itself and as of three hours later it has yet to do that. I’m ticked off but I thought I had better leave it alone and let it do its thing. The pantry took me about 3 hours to get all of it out and then re-stocked. I threw away four bags of trash and old, very old cake mixes and hard as a rock brown sugar. It looked as if I cornered the market on sugar and flour. The pantry was loaded down with 20 pounds of sugar and 20 pounds of flour that I bought in anticipation of baking for Christmas (we don’t even eat sugar here.) Well, since we were out of power for what 13 days just before Christmas there was no baking except fruitcake one night.

Today is also my baby’s 23rd birthday. Yes, 23 years ago today I was in labor. Not a long one really, 9 hours from the first contraction started. She had a rough few minutes start because the cord was wrapped around her throat and she was not breathing, a blue baby. But within seconds there was a cry and we knew all was well. She is a beautiful, beautiful talented girl who has a heart of gold. Happy Birthday A…I love you dearly…Love Momma

3 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Your fridge looks great- hope it is cool now!! Pantry-wow-organized!! and happy b-day to your sweet girl!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Jill of All Trades said...

Thank you...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Happy birthday to your 'little' girl :D

And your fridge looks so well stocked compared to mine.