Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Versatile Blogger

Oh my I have been honored with an award.  I've not had one in a long time and this one is kind of fun.  Miss Cindy from Cindy's Clipboard has bestowed it on me.  The rules are simple. 

To accept this award I have to:

  • reveal 7 truths about myself  (Kind of hard as I'm pretty much an open book here anyway.)
  • select 7 blogs that I would like to share the award with (May not do this but will open it up to anyone who wants to take part.)
1.  I always, without fail, ALWAYS put my left shoe on first. 

2.  I have a pen pal that I have written to since 1972.  He was originally from Pakistan but now lives in Canada with his wife and two grown daughters.  Love, love, love to write letters.

3.  I'm basically a lazy person.  I could sit with my laptop, a journal, a few good books in one spot for an entire day without getting up except to use a facility and feed my face, and I've done that.  I'm very good at being lazy, just doesn't get much accomplished.

4.  Used to suck my finger until I was in the 7th grade and the ONLY reason I stopped was I got a funky retainer that prohibited me from sucking.  My mother tried everything to get me to stop.  Oh, and my sister revealed it to my best friend for spite, it devastated me.

5.  I love to watch witch, supernatural, vampire shows and movies.  I stayed up all night long one time to watch a Freddie Kruger marathon.  My favorite shows are Charmed, Supernautral and Angel.  I'm a fantasy girl too.

6.  Hate milk.  Hate to drink it plain.  I can use it in cooking or on cereal but no plain.  In fact, if there is a jug in the fridge that is over two days old I can't even use it on cereal.  ICK! 

7.  Used to love to collect poetry books, old, very old poetry books.  I even collected it in high school from friends who used to write it for class projects and stuff.  I probably have stuff of theirs they have forgotten about.  I would ask for their papers when they would toss them out.  I have an entire notebook of  it.  I don't write poetry but I so love it. 

Good luck all and thank you Cindy.

8 comments:

Territory Mom said...

My sister in law sucked her thumb until 6th grade. My son does and he is 8. Love to hear about people who sucked their thumbs a long time. It makes me feel better as a parent.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You certainly are a versatile blogger so congratulations on your award.

However, the last of your secrets are out. I personally had already figured out that you were the kind of person who put their left shoe on first. That says a lot about a person.

Sahildeki Ev said...

I love the fact that you have a pen pal way back from 72.. Its so great. I used to have couple but like most we lost touch...

lifeshighway said...

I came over from Cindy's Clipboard. I am very impressed that you have kept up a pen pal relationship so very long. Here you were practicing to be a blogger before Al Gore invented the internet.

Char said...

all interesting and diverse. i'm a supernatural/fantasy girl too. i watch charmed every morning while i get ready for work.

Cindy said...

I love vampire shows. I do. I confess! I'm glad you played along...

Amy said...

I back linked from a friends blog award. Enjoyed browsing your blog.

Kay said...

This was such fun to read. That's great that you've kept your penpal for such a long time.

I've been wondering when my 3 year old granddaughter will stop sucking her thumb.