Saturday, September 18, 2010

Swamp People

I was looking at the DVR list of recorded shows The Hubby and I record and I noticed one called Swamp People.  Interesting.  I asked him about it and he said it was about swamp people living in the swamps and gator hunting, or as they call it on the show, fishing.  The show is on The History Channel.  I should have known this as it is The Hubby's favorite channel except for the Extreme Cagefighting that he watches on some channel I choose not to know.  I could not believe I sat and watched an episode with him and found it rather intriguing and disturbing all at the same time.  I'm not sure how I feel about shooting alligators in the head.  ICK!  Then I thought about all those restaurants that now serve alligator meat and there you go.  Bang, bang, fry it up.  (Shiver)  I told The Hubby watching it was going to give me nightmares and then Jaws happened to be on TV.  Saw that movie when it first came out in the movie theatre and it scared me for life in all waters except for a swimming pool.  You can go to the History Channel and watch the videos but there are warnings and I would heed them with children around but it is very interesting and to know that is life in the swamps for those who live there and has been for many, many, many years. 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

When I read this post, I reminded my husband we need to watch the first episode of Swamp People. We had discussed it with another person and when we saw her recently, she told us about it.

It was really fascinating that this is a way of life that is handed down generation after generation.

The snippet where the wife was discussing how they eat whatever he shots got to me. We go to the grocery store and she waits for him to bring the "groceries" home.

Different life from ours, for sure!