Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Smash Your Boobs Day - Day 1 of NaBloPoMo

Today was my annual Smash Your Boobs Day.  Actually, I'm a month early for observing National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October and to be exact October 15, 2010 is National Mammography Day.   

Today is also the beginning of September and I will again try to post everyday of the month.  It's kind of fun and the theme for the month of September is ART.  How perfect for me, this new artist.  I may not be able to post about art everyday but will regale all with my wisdom and words...HAHAHAHAHAHA...made myself laugh.  You can always check out my art on the art blog (click on the right hand side). 

The prompt for today is "What's you favorite work of art" at National Blog Posting Month.  I have to think about this one.  I don't know if I really have a favorite work of art but I have a favorite form of art.    As and artist I love to paint with oils.  I love to look at watercolor art but I know that is not a medium I am capable of doing, at least at this stage in my training.  I also love realism in art.  I think there might be another name for it but I am a realist in my art also.  One of my favorite artist is Jeffrey T. Larson.  His stuff is AMAZING.  So real you can not believe it.  I have a couple of his giclee's and they are my prized possessions.  Check his stuff out, you'll love it. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really wish i had the artistic gene!