Monday, July 23, 2012

I Know What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

Through all the chaos that is my life right now I have been able to finish several paintings.  These are a couple of them.  

I call this "Love You To Death".  I'm not sure why I had to paint the skull but I did and I like it.  

This one is "Study in Red".  I just love this one too, especially the glass.

What I love about both of them are that I set up the still life's, took the photos and painted them without really drawing them first.  I just started painting on the prepped canvas and created these all by myself, without the help at all from my instructor.  I've done a few like that but these for some reason give me a bit of pride in my developing talent.  I really want to keep learning so in September I have also signed up for a portrait drawing class with the continuing art class with Ross.  

What is so cool is that at the age of 56 and a lifetime of searching for what I want to be when I grow up, I think I have FINALLY found it.  I want, I am an artist.  It is exhilarating and makes me so happy inside that this is pouring out of me that I can hardly stand it.  

5 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You ARE an artist! What a happy feeling. Beautiful work. Enjoy, Jill!

Unknown said...

Lovely work!! There is something so satisfying about creating something from nothing.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Beryl said...

I am impressed - you really nailed that painting of the glass!

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Amazing. You should be proud of yourself.
http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

Susie Kline said...

Lovely paintings!