Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Stinging Sensation

  Finally, today I can be a bit more chatty here.  Yesterday was a whirlwind of stuff.  The very first thing I did when I got up yesterday morning was make coffee and go to the little girls room.  As I leaned over the sink edge to wash my hands I was hit with a stinging feeling right under my belly button area.  I jumped back and looked at the sink, rubbing my tummy.There half squashed was a HUGE red wasp.  He got me right on my belly.  Oh my goodness, I have not had a wasp sting since I was a child, especially a red wasp sting.  I finished the dang wasp off with my shoe and looked at my belly.  There was a small little red spot that hurt like the dickens.  All day long it stung and itched.  Last night as I went to bed the red had expanded and expanded and this morning it is huge and ITCHES.  A RN friend of mine looked at it and told me if it was still red like that by Monday morning to run, not walk to the doctor so you don't get nephro...something like that tissue...basically dead, rotting stuff!!!!! EEK!!!!!  I've had enough of that infection thing.  May have to go to minor emergency this afternoon.  HATE RED WASPS!


5 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Wow, my wife got stung my a red wasp that was in her purse last week. It still itches a week later. Ouch!

Beryl said...

Hope that spot gets better right away. I don't know anything about red wasps, but I hate all wasps, so they're in the group. I'm told they have no natural enemies. I know they don't have friends.

Sweet Tea said...

Have you taken Benedryl? Also, we always make a paste of soda & water and put it on the bite. Both of these things will help, as that's what my Grandma taught me and we have used this system for years. Best of luck!

Kelly said...

They are terrible at my house! I reached to pick an ear of corn and got stung on my middle finger. That happened Friday and it is still itching. It hurt so bad. I call them little red demons!
I'm sorry for you. I hope you get better soon.
Kelly

Veronika said...

Hey Mama! I got an award & so did you! =) Click here to accept it…one behalf of me & everyone who loves you! Congrats, Sweetheart! XO
http://veronikaskandykoateddreams.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-got-my-very-first-blogging-award.html