Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Construction - Phase Whatever

Yesterday we had to completely clear out the living room for the next part of out outdoor kitchen.  You ask, "Why do you have to clear out the living room?"  I will explain.  See that window with the shutters.  That is going bye-bye.  We are putting in french doors, like the master bathroom.  
So to limit the dust problems everything must go.   


This is my dining room and front room, where the living stuff has gone to stay for a bit. 
We have a path cleared out as the living room is completely visqueened off so I don't have to dust the entire house.  

Last night when I got home I was faced with this scaffolding in front of the door to the back yard.  Well, how am I to take Clayton out!  The Hubby told me I just have to crawl through.  EXCUSE ME!  I don't crawl through anything.  But, I had to face the fact that it was the only way to potty the dog.  So at 5 am, I crawled out through the scaffolding.   

Fun note, last night about 5 we had a deluge of a rainstorm.  It didn't last long but dropped 8 tenths of rain on our visqueened new roof.  Thank goodness it was stuck good.  We only had a few drips.   

Visqueen! 

I told The Hubby last night that this has GOT to be close to be done, or at least able to put our stuff back because I'm having about 10 ladies here July 18 for the new book club I'm starting.  Get busy guys!

3 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

July 18?!
Wonder if you'll need to reschedule?
Good luck!

Kay said...

Sigh... I remember those days. However, you'll look behind you to these days and just laugh it off.

Anonymous said...

Jill, I want to wish you the very best in constructing your outdoor kitchen. We've wanted one for quite some time and I LOVE that I can think about yours in the mean time. Thanks for stopping by the RDC...good luck with your sage growing, your sage cooking and all your re-invigoration on your own property. Take care, Red Dirt Kelly