Sunday, July 15, 2012

Giving In To The Chaos

I am giving in to the chaos of construction.  Time away, even though it was only one night at the cabin, spending time with friends, laughter and a few glasses of wine, have given me the breather I needed.  I have cancelled the new book club meeting that I had scheduled for Wednesday night and I'm cancelling the house cleaning that would have taken place.  There is no point on that one.  I have opened my schedule to let the chaos rule my world.  I even cancelled my hair appointment, twice, for the gray coverage.  I am going to live with it a bit longer.  

Actually, something happened yesterday that has put a new perspective on my life and that what is going on in it is NOTHING.  An old friend of ours lost her husband and it was so very tragic I can hardly put it into words.  There was a gang related shooting at one of the Best Buy's here in town, not far from our home actually, and that alone is scary.  He was inside the store with his 12 year old daughter when a stray bullet came through the door, hit him square in the heart.  Down he went with his daughter asking if he was okay.  The last words he spoke were, "No!"  He was gone in that instant.  An innocent bystander on a Saturday afternoon excursion with his precious daughter and his life was ended by the stupidity of gang violence.  The man outside, the intended target was also killed.   This horrific tragedy makes the crap I have been complaining about NOTHING, absolutely nothing.  I can't imagine how K's life has been so tragically devastated by this.  One minute you have a happy little family and the next it has been ripped apart, smashed into oblivion.  My heart goes out to K and her small daughter and her older daughter E that is one of B's dearest friends.  I've known E for over 25 years and cannot imagine the heartache she has for the loss of her dear stepfather that she loved.  The pain that her little sister is going through now and the trauma that has befallen on her.  Senseless, absolutely senseless.  

4 comments:

Beryl said...

You put it so well - senseless

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

So sorry about your friend. Read about in the paper and it is just so stupid.

Nolita said...

Oh my gosh, Carla, that is awful and it does put things into perspective. That family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy said...

What a tragedy.