Monday, July 09, 2012

Construction Twilight Zone

This is going to be one of those days when I let my fingers do the talking here.  I've been relying a lot on my photos to drive my train of thought, but the camera sits today, empty of images.  

This construction stuff is starting to get me down.  I'm tired of having my living room in the dining room.  I'm tired of the mess inside of the house when the majority of the work is on the outside.  I'm tired of having male people traipsing around in my backyard, EVERY DAY of the week.  Yes, they were there on Saturday morning at 7 am and Sunday morning at 7am.  And since the bricklayers are working on the wall with the windows and doors they are constantly looking into my house.  Luckily they have visqueen on the window and door in the kitchen but that cuts out my favorite view of the back yard.  I am looking at plastic now.  I think today they will start on the brick pillars in the middle of the patio and hopefully will take the plastic down.  Plus, it is a pain to let the dog out.  Poor Clayton can't just run out the door on his own.  We have to take him to a door that we can get through, and tentatively walk on the gravel, nails, bricks, and boards that are strewn around the yard.  Plus we have to watch him like a hawk because again, we have no side fence.  I love doing construction but after a while it gets to be more of a pain in the ASS!  I think today I've hit that wall of STOP!  I know it is closer to the end than I know, but it is slow.  We need a trim carpenter inside now so we can have the painter to fix the new areas around the french doors before I can re-assemble the living room.  Next week I'm having ladies over and I would really like to have some semblance of a living room by then.  I don't see that happening.  

Oh, goodness, I could go on and on with the insane ramble on the woes of construction/remodel hell, but I must stop.  It's only Monday and I have a lot more days of it to go.  I do want it done by the time our little granddaughter is born in September.  I want to concentrate on the joy of SweetPea coming into our lives.  

2 comments:

Tinygami said...

If it's any consolation I'm sure the ladies will be plenty jealous despite any mess or workman around. Just keep saying to yourself those magic words: Outdoor Kitchen. That should get you through the worst of it. You will undoubtedly be the envy of all of your friends who love to cook! I know I'm jealous already :)

Beryl said...

I know what you're saying - but just hang in there a little longer - you know it's going to be worth it.