Thursday, May 10, 2012

Staycation

Awww, this has been the most wonderful staycation I've every had.  Opting for not traveling this year we opted for the cabin.  I arrived on Sunday and have been here by myself until yesterday (Wednesday).  The Hubby had stuff but he's here now and it is nice.  I've spent most of the time reading and painting, getting a lot accomplished but yesterday I knew I wanted to get those newly adopted plants in the ground.  So up and ready I was and started.  I'm not as sore this morning as I thought I would be but it is all done.  Mulching, weeding, digging, transplanting, all stuff I've told myself, for several years, that I needed to do and haven't, now it is done.  The flowers are beautiful and even while I was planting the butterflies were happy.  I quick grabbed my camera to snap this one.  I'm content.  I'm at the cabin, I'm relaxed, I've accomplished, The Hubby is here, my world is complete.

Mother's Day is fast approaching and I will be a bit sad to not be able to wish my momma a Happy Mother's Day but I'm okay now.  Time does heal.  Actually, while gardening yesterday I felt closer to momma with some of the plants I put in the ground.  I thought of her as the peony went in, her iris's were given new homes and the hollyhocks I put in the corner of my yard.  They were all for the memory of momma, so Happy Mother's Day momma!

2 comments:

Nolita said...

What a nice stay-cation. Glad you got to transfer and adopt some new plants and think about your mom. Some real quality time and it sounds so restorative to the soul. Happy Mother's Day in advance!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I'm a stay-cation kind of person these days, and the best part is...you don't time to rest up after one, as always is the case when you travel.

What a lovely way to remember your mum, her flowers to bloom all summer long, year after year, she knows that special and sincere gesture came staight from your heart.
Here's to ALL of our mums {hugs}
~Jo