Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day


Memorial Day.  Today is the day everyone puts a flag on their porch and remembers those they have lost, whether it be from natural causes, murder, or war, it is a day to honor and remember. Many will visit a cemetery to place a flag or flowers, I am not one of those.  I know for a fact that my father will be there to visit momma's grave and his parents and brother.  It gives him comfort.  I can not go to a mound of dirt and cry, like he will do.  I just can't do that.  My mother is not in that box deteriorating, covered with tons of dirt, while people walk and mow over it.  My momma is here, in my heart, in my memories, safe with me.  Her physical body may lie there but that was a shell, she is out there in the universe.  

I will remember and honor all those that have been here before me but I will not mourn over a piece of dirt.  That is why I want to be cremated and scattered over the land of northeast Oklahoma.  Please don't get stuck in a moment of time over me.  Move on with life and LIVE.  Never forget, honor and learn from the lives they have lived before us.  Their lives are a book of learning we need to savor.  Each day is a page in their book of life, remember and honor.  


Those that have made an impact on my life I will always remember.
Momma
Granny and Granddaddy


Grandpa and Grandma

Uncle Wayne

Greatgranny and Greatgranddaddy

Gail 

Uncle George

Jean Ann

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Very moving, I love your photos.