Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Finished

I have finally finished that darn book "Fifty Shades of Grey" and I can tell you I and thrilled to be done with the thing.  I was not happy to find that it continued to the next book which I SHALL NOT read.  Hated that book, really.  I've gone on about it enough and so this will be the end.

Now on to some better books I've read this year.  Some authors I have discovered is Kristen Hannah and Elin Hilderbrand.  Really like their stuff.  They have depth of characters and they have a good story line most of the time.  Two of my favorites of Kristen's was Winter Garden and Night Road.  Stories that kept me captivated and made me shed a few tears.
  

Now Elin Hilderbrand I love because she writes great stories and they are usually in Nantucket on a beach and I LOVE the beach.  They are great summer reads.  A Summer Affair was kind of unusual but I liked it.  the main character had an affair and I'm not sure I have read a book like that, really.
  

Just some summer reads I thought you might be interested in.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Thanks for the warning. I've been seeing a lot of hype about it in the magazines and wondered and was curious. I'll know to stay away now.

Sweet Tea said...

I'm not much of a reader, except for blogs, but I've certainly heard about this book. *blush
LOL!

Cindy said...

I recently finished 50 Shades of Grey. I read it because everyone was talking about it. To tell the truth, about a 1/3 of the way into the book I started skipping over the sex scenes. I'm more interested in the "why" of why he is that way. I guess books 2 & 3 will reveal the "why", but I'm not going to buy them!