Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Gardening We Will Go...

Are we having fun yet.  I hope so today.  My plan, if it warms up a bit outside, is to start cleaning out some flowerbeds at the cabin.  I may run into a snake or two so I will be very, very cautious.  I may saw some weed trees down for some sun and I will plant a few flowers and veggies.  I was going to replace two Carolina Jasmine's that The Hubby put in the ground a couple of weeks.  We left them to plant on the following weekend and then found them DEAD...or so we thought.  
So I bought this cool thing called a passion flower.  It looked plastic and it liked full sun, perfect for the spot.  My iron fence will look beautiful this year along with the clematis that are blooming and my one lone rose.  
Now on to the flowerbeds that came with the cabin.  There are some very old iris, day lilies and just junk that needs to be done away with.  I will get the old junk out and then, hopefully next weekend or even during the week will bring up some loads of new top soil and mulch.  I plan on making this yard a country cottage garden.  Whew, big plans, let's hope I can fulfill them.  I will be digging a lot of the huge holes myself with a post hole digger as The Hubby has done something terrible to his back and we are afraid a herniated disk.  He's in a bit of pain.  EEK, that means man-handling the lawn mower.  Hey, I should lose some weight with all these labor intensive plans, don't you think.  Have to keep focused!

Toodles all...

1 comment:

Nolita said...

I have to tell you that I ended up buying some clematis tonight after you posted about getting passion flower. I was looking for something to grow up my back drive walls besides English Ivy and I saw some beautiful purple clematis so we'll see. Can't wait to see your cottage garden!