Friday, April 06, 2012

Fortune Cookie Friday

This is something new I'm going to try.  For at least the past 10 years The Hubby and I have eaten at this wonderful Thai buffet called Bangkok every single Friday.  It is delicious, which is why we continue.  When our ticket is laid on the table it is accompanied with two fortune cookies and even if the wait staff misses The Hubby goes over to get us our fortunes.  It has become a tradition for us.  I keep those fortunes and give them to B for a project she plans on doing sometime so we've amassed many fortunes.  I decided that I should have Fortune Cookie Friday because there are some really interesting questions or statements that could be used for discussion.  So here we have the first of Fortune Cookie Friday!

Do what is right, not what you should.

I think this is a statement that many a parent has told their child, I know mine did.  It is my mantra, or least I try to do it.  I am probably not very successful but I like to think that I live by this, doing right.  It's not an easy road.  You have to be able to step out of your comfort zone and most people can't.  What about you? 

2 comments:

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

Oh my gosh there was a Thai place in Lexington KY where I used to live called The Bangcock house...I wonder if it's the same chain? I LOVED it there and miss it so much!! Mmmmm I wish I could eat some right now...
That's a weird fortune! LOL
Have a great weekend

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Its a mixed bag.

If you work for a corporation you have to toe the line, and it is getting worse all the time.