Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter Aftermath

It's Monday morning, early, like 5:30 and here I sit typing away.  The cell phone alarm went off at 4:45 and little Clayton crawled out from under the covers to start pawing, "get up, it's time to eat."  That is why he is so geared to getting up  and eating at five in the morning.  We've done it to ourselves but when you get up that time, it is inevitable to happen.  He eats at five in the evening too.  We had a houseful yesterday with The Hubby's family and it was great fun.  Everything went swimmingly.  B&B2 brought their beast, Mondo, the granddog.
He had on his Easter bonnet.  Really that is an old picture of him but I thought it fit.  Isn't he handsome.  The "boys" had great fun with the great-nephews chasing them and kissing and hugging.  Both of these boys just love kiddos and will be wonderful with the grandchild!  My daddy arrived and hour and a half early yesterday and just sat and waited.  The Hubby could not understand why he did that, but he always does.  I think he is so excited to come over that he just can't sit around and wait at home by himself and so he arrives early.  I'm fine with it and really The Hubby doesn't mind, it was just that he was still in shower.  The meal was easy, easy, easy.  I did the ham which is a no-brainer, canned green beans that I tweak, Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes that I made the day before and deviled eggs.  I tell you it was the easiest meals I've ever prepared and they loved it.  My day was done. 

I feel pretty good too since my refrigerator got a huge clean out, the house picked up, finished a book, finished a painting and started another.  All in all it was a great weekend with tons accomplished.  Now we start the week with rain yet again in the forecast.  What's the saying, "April showers bring May flowers."  Bring it on I say! 

Have a great Monday all and thank you for being here! 

1 comment:

PTBYF said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all! Glad you enjoyed it!