Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Continued...

This past weekend was just beautiful.  We didn't have much in the way of sun but the temperature was perfect and the birds were very happy, as was I.  The hammock didn't come out like planned but I did spend most of my time on the screened porch, even napping on the rocking couch.  I had a great morning reading, journaling, napping and watching all the birds find my feeders.  I moved a sprinkler around to the various places in the yard to which the robins were very happy to find several worms peeking up. 
Next door, Hari's wheelbarrow of flowers caught my eye and camera.  Beautiful isn't it.  May have to try and paint.


My roses and clematis are giving me lots to make my eyes happy! 

Oh yes, the hummingbirds are here too.  Last weekend I saw one, this weekend I had many visiting my feeders.  Also visiting the yard, bluebirds, scarlet tanager, prothonotary warbler, wrens, purple finches, and a  pileated woodpecker that I never saw but make the trees rattle with his hammering. 

Took a golf cart ride with Hari and spotted this blue heron taking a rest on a sand bar in the creek.  
The creek and bluffs... 

The weekend had a bit of a hitch though, not bad.  We were to gather at one of the cabins for a hotdog-hamburger cookout, organized by J on Saturday night.  By about 2 in the afternoon the plans went wonky.  J suddenly became very ill with chills and raging fever so they headed home.  The cabin it was to be hosted at could not come up so it was at the last minute moved to another cabin and we all had a good time with only hotdogs because the burger fixin's were still in town.  Oh, well, that is how it goes.  We had a great time with friends and the weekend was saved!  Hope J is not too ill.  

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Looks like a nice weekend to me. I hope your friend J is ok.