Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Good Reading Rack Service

The Hubby and I purchased an investment house several months ago and are slowly fixing it up to either sell or rent.  Imagine our surprise when he went in the attic of the house and found a box full of these handy-dandy pamplets called Good Reading Rack Service.  I think they were in doctor offices or such and are from the early '50's.  B has been having a hey-day (oh gosh I'm talking like the 50's) scanning them into the computer so she can do a year long thing on her blog, I think.  Anyway, I wanted a shot at a few too.

Really, were they really honest 'cause look at the time period.  Hmmm, will have to dig this one out to read I think.  They really didn't know a thing back then did they.

Wonder what this was about.  Love the art work. 

Interesting! 

I love this one! 

I saw this and screamed, "I have several of these!"  They were from the stash of music from my grandmother or mother's stuff and contained Christmas carols. 

Oh, this was a funny one! 

Reminds me of Lucille Ball for some reason. 

Still kind of is depending on how I feel in the mornings! 

Egads...that one is scary. 

This would be from my granny for sure. 

The scare tactic.  I know I was in that era of fear. 

Wow, I need to dig this one out too and check out what they say. 

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love these, what a find. So iconic of an earlier time.

PTBYF said...

Looks like some of them could still be used today. You should have fun going through them. I know somw people who could use the "manners" one. HA!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I would love to read the guide to modern manners!!! Would love to see what it says!

Janie B said...

What a find! They look like so much fun to read. I hope you'll blog about some of them.