Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Easter 1961

Easter 1961
Trying to find something to write about today and so I decided to look through some pictures to jog a memory or two.  This picture is in front of the first house I remember as a child.  This was Easter 1961 before we moved to Arkansas for a year.  Daddy build that fence and gave me a LOVE for picket fences, even though that was not a picket fence.  The house is still there and I drive by often to look at it.  Lots of memories in that house for me.  I remember sending off for the Tony the Tiger spoon from the Frosted Flakes box and waiting every day for the mail to run.  I remember our two dogs in that house, or rather outside, Hoss and Rebel.  I remember Christmas in that house and being so angry at my sister when she broke the plaster-of-pairs hand print that was wrapped and under the tree for Momma and Daddy.  She broke that damn thing not once, but twice before they could unwrap it.  I remember how darned cute Bro and Sis were and how much I loved them.  This picture is of Easter 1961 and I only remember those pictures and not much of the day we took them.

2 comments:

PTBYF said...

You look so happy and proud in your new Easter dress! Sweet!

Territory Mom said...

beautiful photo. I was thinking about some old photos of me and my sisters in our Easter best. I think I'll get them from my mom to post. Love this when we all wore white hats and gloves.